Just a good read
- Power of the Powerless by Christopher de Vinck. Read more here.
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- The Chosen, Chaim Potok
- Cry, the Beloved Country, Alan Paton
- The Jacobite Trilogy, D.K. Broster – “The novels that immortalized the 1745 Jacobite uprising” in Scotland. Laced with high character values.
- The Pendragon Cycle, Stephen Lawhead (Taliesin, Merlin, Arthur, etc.) - a profoundly Christian rendering of these legends. If you liked Lord of the Rings, you’ll love these. (I’ll definitely read these again.)
- before I go, Letters to Our Children about What Really Matters, Peter Kreeft. You can read and excerpt here.
A link to some of Anthony Esolen’s writings: http://www.catholicity.com/commentary/esolen/ Professor Esolen, in my opinion, is always worth reading. Not only does he have worthwhile things to say, he also writes well.
Check back periodically for more listings.